Ready in: 1 hr | Review: Filling
- 1 chicken thigh, with or without skin
- 1 medium sized Irish potato, cut into wedges
- 350g baby spinach, rinsed and finely chopped
- 100g fresh tomatoes, chopped into wedges
- 1 small onion, cut into wedges
- 1 mild chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp veg oil (olive or any)
- Salt and seasoning cubes
- For chicken thigh, whisk 1 tsp of veg oil, pepper, pinch of salt, ½ seasoning cube, tbs of curry, parsley or coriander together in a bowl. A blender could be used in place of a whisk
- In a bowl, pour marinade over chick thigh, cover with cling film and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- For spinach, in a frying pan, add 1 tbsp of veg oil on medium heat, add onions, fresh tomatoes, and allow to simmer for 10 minutes then add Spanish and stir for 2-5 minutes.
- Remove chicken from marinade, shaking off any excess. Fry the chicken thighs in a large frying pan over medium heat for 10-15 minutes on each side, or until cooked through (May also bake for 20-30 minutes in oven)
- Fry potato in deep oil for 5 minutes (until golden brown) or bake for 15 minutes
- To serve, place Irish potato in plate, add spinach on top and chicken along side.
- Sweet potatoes, plantain (ripe/unripe), yam or rice can be used in place of Irish potatoes.