You’ve never had any rolls like this! except for Gala Sausage rolls – remember those?
However, I’ll tell you right now; once you try these rolls, it’s sure to become a permanent fix on your list of weekend treats. And the best part – it easy to prepare!
- Pack of Fully cooked of Beef Hot Dogs
- 4 cups of Flour
- Tablespoonful of baking powder
- 500 grammes or 2 sticks of Margarine
- 2 eggs
- Pinch of Salt
- Teaspoonful Sugar(optional)
- 1 cup of ice cold water
Start off by following the first 4 steps of this How to prepare your dough tutorial.
Now that you’ve got that covered, grab 2 packs of beef hot dogs – if you like spicy foods, get the polish beef hot dogs usually sold at 5 hot dogs per pack.
- Carefully unpack the sausage hot dogs and slice them open in parts
- Now we cut the prepared dough in a rectangular shape
- Place the sliced beef sausage in the dough slice and roll it shut
- Brush beaten eggs over newly rolled dough to seal the edges shut around your sausage and evenly ‘browned’ when baked
- Now, place on a greased, non-stick oven pan and place in the oven
Oven setting – preheat to 285-375 degrees. Baking at 350 is ideal for most.
Check after 20 minutes, if its not golden brown by then, give it another 15. Allow your home made gala sausage rolls to sit on a rack to cool down before serving.