Photos: Easy Ogbono Soup Recipe – Meat, Shrimp, Stockfish Included
Ready in: 25 minutes | Serves: 4 | Review: Tasty
Adding Tomatoes is likely to cause a decrease in the natural “slippery” feel your Ogbono is supposed to have so the rule of thumb is to keep ‘em out.
Not to worry, follow these steps and your pot of Ogbono or Apon will still come out tastee.
Which brings us to what you SHOULD add. Here are a list of ingredients and plenty of images to guide you through how to cook Ogbono soup or Apon soup.
The Process from start to finish
- Add Bell Pepper, Onion, Garlic mix to pot and allow to cook for 10 minutes.
- Now add Meat, Shrimp, Stockfish trio to cooking sauce.
- Allow to boil up together for 5 additional minutes.
- Here’s where it gets busy, get the mixed powdered ogbono ready to add to the cooking stew
- Don’t just stand there…add the ogbono into the cooking stew pot and stir gently as you add
- Add warm water, a little at a time, if stew turns out slightly thicker than you would like
- Allow all to boil together for 10 minutes
a little warm water and...
...we're done! Ready to serve
- Pair Ogbono stew with solids
- When boiling, ogbono gets bubbly therefore use of large pot is recommended
- You can substitute Vegetable oil or Canola oil for Palm oil.