PHOTO: AKARA – Quick, Easy Black-Eyed Peas Bean Cake Recipe
Ready in: 10 minutes | Serves: 4 | Review: Finger Food
This might be the easiest recipe and the quickest meal to prepare. Only downside, its deep-fried and while its delicious, is certainly not suited for daily consumption.
Who Should Try Akara?
- Newcomers to African Food
- 10-Minute Meal Enthusiast
- Everyone with A Taste Bud
Prep: Soak Black eyed peas for 5-10 minutes, then peel off the skin and grind till fine.
- 1 cup of Black-eyed peas
- Dry chilli
- 1 Bell Pepper
- Quarter pound Shrimp
- 1 Liter of Vegetable oil
- A dash of salt
- Mix ground black eyed peas with ground Bell Pepper, Chilli, Onion, tiny piece of Ginger, Garlic clove, and Shrimp – YES! Grind them all together.
- Add salt to taste
- Use a scoop spoon to slowly pour into hot vegetable oil and fry till golden brown.
…And now your akara is ready to serve.
VIDEO: Akara Recipes from youtube